For over eighty years Sand Tray Therapy has provided a powerful tool for the psychotherapists. This presentation will provide a brief historic overview and focus on the Integration of various psychotherapeutic approaches to the use of Sand Tray. This will include psychoanalytic, Jungian, Humanistic, Gestalt, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. The Presentation will include how to utilize with individuals, couples and groups. Actual examples of Sand Trays will provide examples of clinical integration.
Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs
Jim Broderick, PhD.
PhD in Clinical Psychology for nearly 40 years. Private Practice
Currently Care Faculty at Pacifica Graduate Institute. Practice in Santa Barbara
Former Chair Of the Clinical Psychology Program at Pacifica Graduate Institute
Former Mental Health Director in two CA Counties - Santa Barbara and Shasta
DATE: February 25th, 2017 Saturday
TIME: 2:00 pm -5:00 pm
# of CE CREDITS: 3
1469 East Valley Road
Montecito, CA 93108
For wheelchair accessibility, please call us to confirm access.
FOR PARTICIPANTS SEEKING CE CREDITS
FOR NON-CREDIT (AUDITING) PARTICIPANTS
* To qualify for early bird registration price you have to register and pay online no later than 10 days before the event (before February 15, 2017).
We always welcome last minute participants, however, to ensure materials availability we encourage you to register online prior the event.
On-Site Registration at the door starting at 1:45 pm
ADDITIONAL COURSE DESCRIPTION:
1. Review of Sand Tray History: Importance of Symbolic Consciousness; Contributions of Lowenfield, Kalff, Wenrib, and DeDomenico
2. Review Important Mechanics in Developing a Sand Tray Practice: Major Sand Tray figures needed.
3. Jungian Approach to Sand Tray: Archetypal energy, shadow, collective unconscious et al.
4.Recording Format: Therapist observation
5. Integrafve Sand Tray: Implications of approach from a psychoanalytic, Jung an, Humanistic, Gestalt and Cognitive Behavioral psychosherapeutic schools.
- Participants will learn how to integrate Sand Tray into their therapeutic orientation.
- Participants will learn how a Jungian orientation can provide the clinical foundation for Sand Tray work.
- Panticipants will learn to view Sand Tray from various psychotherapeutic schools.
1:45 - 2:00 pm - REGISTRATION AND CHECK IN
2:00 - 3:00 pm -History and Sand Tray mechanics.
2:45 - 3:30 pm - Recording and Jungian approach
3:30 - 3:45 pm - BREAK (approximate time)
3:45 - 4:30 pm - Sand Tray examples
4:30 - 5:00 pm - Integration of various psychotherapeutic schools.
SUMMARY, QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION
SEMINAR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT INFORMATION:
This course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LCSWs (as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences) and psychologists (as required by the California Psychological Association).
The Aeolian Center is approved by the California Psychological Association (provider # AEO001) to provide continuing education seminars for professional education for psychologists, MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and LCSWs. Aeolian Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Read more ...
To complete the course, and receive 3 CE credits attendees must:
- Be present for the entire time of the course
- Sign in at the beginning and out at the end
- Complete a written evaluation of the course
- To receive CE credit full attendance is required - No partial credit.
Certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of each course to those who have registered and paid for credit and fulfilled the requirements listed above. A replacement transcript can be provided if one is lost for no additional fee.
The Aeolian Center has not received any commercial or monetary support for this event or speaker, content of instruction (e.g., research grants, funding research findings etc.) or any benefit for endorsement of products (e.g., books, training, etc.) that could be construed as a conflict of interest.
CANCELLATION/ REFUND POLICY:
Cancellation by Aeolian Center: The Aeolian Center reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any event, for which registrants will receive a full refund or credit.
Cancellation by participant: If participant cancel the enrollment up to 48 hours prior to the event, he or she will receive a refund of the full fee minus a 25% service and administrative charge. No refunds for cancellations received after 48 hours prior to the event.
COPY OF LOST CERTIFICATE:
A replacement certificate can be provided after the event if one is lost for no additional fee (if sent by email). To receive a copy of your continuing education certificate, please submit online request here (button below) or contact us with any additional questions.